- 2 1/2 cups self rising flour – White Lily
- 1 cup + buttermilk or whole milk
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 cold butter
- 1 cup of cheddar I use mild you can use any cheddar you like
To Brush on top after they come out of the oven.
- 1/2 stick of butter melted
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder. I played around with this I used a 1/2 tsp garlic and everyone thought it was better use you taste for this.
- 1/2 tsp of Parsley
Preheat oven to 450
In a large bowl add 2 1/2 cups of Flour cut up 1/2 stick of butter using a fork or a pastry cutter mix flour and butter to pea size pieces (side note- you can use your hands for this- your hands are warm and you don’t want the butter to melt)
add the garlic mix that through then add cheese. Add milk I add in a little at a time you don’t want it too wet or too dry- I do it till it is sticky. Then roll dough in ball a little bit bigger than a golf ball. this dough will make 10 Biscuits. I personally get 9 I make mine a little bigger.
Put in oven in a very generously buttered pan (I use a 10 inch Iron Skillet) Once 10 to 12 minutes goes by and they aren’t golden on top I do broil mine for 2 or 3 minutes on high.
Pull out and baste the biscuits with your garlic butter and parsley and enjoy. Sometimes I will cheat and go buy some Little Caesar’s garlic butter cups for this step- I love their garlic butter. No plug intended just Love that stuff.